Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

WHAT I DID ON LAST WEEK + MY HAIR PLANS FOR 2011 & BEYOND

Snowpocalypse 2011 ...Seriously. That's what the media's calling it.

Good Cold, Icy & Snowy day to you all!


At least it is down here. I know I mentioned posting on whatever I decided to do with my hair on last week. Well, this is what went down. I let it dry overnight and then flat-ironed it.





I was just itchin' to mix it up a bit and couldn't wait on getting my Sedu iron. Anyhoo. I only went thru each small section of hair once. Because I'm still a bit of a chicken about heat damage.




Now what I already knew but became more apparent is that I need to get a good trim. Looks like at least an inch. Bummer. The last time I had a professional trim was last February. Outside of that, I've been dusting here and there.



As you can see, I wasn't going for a really straight look. It started doing a little reverting back. Which was okay. I just wanted to see if I could flat-iron my own hair. And after I proved to myself that I could, I did this.......




I just love buns.

I mean I really love buns. They're chic, easy and versatile as far as placement on the head, textures, messy, loose or taunt and such.




Last night, I oil-rinsed and co-washed my hair. In the midst of detangling, I made four sections into plaits, which I let mostly dry overnight. Right now, I'm sort of mini-twisting each section. The plan is to keep these twists in for a couple of weeks. We shall see how long I last. I tend to get impatient and/or bored.Then I plan on rocking a twist-out for as long as I can.

My tentative plans for 2011 & Beyond:

February - Get a professional trim. This is when I get my hair blown-out/flat-iron.
March - Get my hair braided. I want nice & sleek cornrows. I always think of Vivica Fox in "Kill Bill".

Vivica Fox from the movie, "Kill Bill".
May - Take the braids out and give Teri Laflesh's tightly-curly method a go. And if it's successful, sport it all summer or at least most of it. Haha. I'm so flighty when it comes to hairstyles.

Around 5 or so years down the road, I want to give locs a go. I've been thinking about sisterloc's. Then once I'm over those, I'm gonna get it all cut off again. I'm thinking really low like a Cesar.

Aisha Hinds (actress)


Chrisette Michelle (singer)


Amber Rose (Video  Vixen)


Susan L. Taylor (previous longtime editor of Essence magazine)
posing for photography Ken Ramsay circa 1970
Don't you just love it?! So beautiful.


So that's my (tentative) hair plans. Do you have any? If so, what are they?

Post Title WHAT I DID ON LAST WEEK + MY HAIR PLANS FOR 2011 & BEYOND