Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DARCY'S BOTANICALS EXPERIENCE



Hola Gorgeous Ones!

Today I’m writing about my experience with a few Darcy Botanicals products. I’d been eyeballing this line for awhile. But before I get into that, I just have to share that I used Coconut milk instead of water in my ayurvedic mix (same as last week).

I really like it and will continue to use this in my mixes. But get this! I had no idea that coconut milk was solid. I expected it to be a liquid. Who knew?!... Guess I didn’t. Lol.

Onto my experience with Darcy’s Botanicals. If you didn’t know this is a natural and organic line for naturally curly hair and skin. I purchased the Deep Conditioning Mask, Madagascar Vanilla Styling Crème and the Herbal Leave-In Spritz.

Herbal Leave-In Spritz (purchased before the other products)
Ingredients: Botanical infusion of Distilled Water, Organic Nettle, Organic Peppermint leaves, Organic Burdock Root, Organic Horsetail, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Coltsfoot, Organic Sage, Organic Hibiscus Flowers, Organic Kelp, Organic Sea Moss, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Aloe Juice, Sea Salt, Polysorbate 20, Litsea Cubeba, Tangerine, Patchouli, Sweet Orange, and a paraben free preservative.

As I looked at her site, I see that she has slightly changed this product and added peppermint and tea tree oils. Sweet. It’s now called “Herbal Tea Leave-In Conditioning Spritz”.

The scent is definitely herbal. Its very light and refreshing to smell. I’m good with herbal scents. Especially this one because it’s not overbearing. If it’s not your thing you may want to keep this in mind.

The description on the bottle states that it will “instantly moisturize, condition & soften your luscious locs, waves and coils”. Check. It was great for moisturizing my hair. After a workout, I simply spritzed my hair and then retwisted it and added a little of the styling crème. It was back to soft and moist in the morning.

The directions say that you can spritz “onto wet or dry hair to refresh, condition, detangle & moisturize your lovely tresses”. I pretty much got all of that except for the detangling aspect. It just did not do that for my hair. But otherwise, it is a great refresher and moisturizer. Loves that about it.

Deep Conditioning Mask Moisturizing Hair Mask
Here are the ingredients: Distilled Water, Lavender Water, Vegetable Glycerin, BTMS ( a mild emulsifying conditioner), Manketti Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Marula Oil, Cocoa Butter, & Shea Butter, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Nettle & Lavender Extracts, Bentonite Clay, Organic Kelp, Hydrolyzed Oats, Guar Gum, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Orange, Vanilla, & Patchouli Essential Oils and a paraben-free preservative.

Its consistency is like a very light crème. Almost lotion-like so it went on my hair very well. I actually felt that this product has more detangling properties than the spritz.

The scent, I can’t quite put my finger on. But it is very faint.
I enjoyed using this product. Loved the fact that I could detangle my hair and that it is moisturizing. It’s definitely on my good list.

Madagascar Vanilla Styling Crème Natural Hair Butter Crème
Ingredients: Organic Palm Oil, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Madagascar Vanilla, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Candelilla Wax, Organic Castor Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil and Potassium Sorbate.

This is a pretty thick butter crème which I found to be a great styler and great for moisture. The directions say to “rub a small amount between the palms of your hands and apply throughout dry or damp hair.” I used it both times on damp hair. It also states, “A little goes a long way”. I second that. The first time I used it I kept this in mind. The second time around, I totally forgot and was my usual heavy-handed self. Oh my!! I’m a little greasy right now but after spraying my hair with the leave-in and letting it set over night, I think I should be okay. So just so you know, follow the directions. This is a great attribute for a product to have. I believe it gives you more bang for your buck since you’re not using the product up as quickly. And we all love anything that is “recession friendly”.
The scent is a faint vanilla. Definitely not a slap-you-in-the-face scent.

I am definitely likin’ this butter crème. It defines my twists quite well and keeps them free of the frizzies. On top of which, I’ve gotten plenty of compliments on my hair since using this product. It’s on my list for possible repurchase.

I’m really happy that I went on and purchased these products. I had heard plenty about this line, and what I purchased definitely delivered. I’m sure I’ll be revisiting her store in the future.

You can find Darcy’s Botanicals where she also sells bath and body products at Darcy's Botanicals.com and on Etsy.com.

Post Title DARCY'S BOTANICALS EXPERIENCE