Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

LONG OVERDUE JUICE FAST/FEAST UPDATE



Hi Gorgeous,

Some time ago in the far, far away realm of my personal history... Well, actually it was Feb. 14th. Anyhoo, last month I talked about me choosing to do a one-day juice fast/abbreviated juice feast. It was actually motivated by HippieMom over at The Raw Journal.

Let me tell you, I was extremely pumped about it. I gathered & researched my books on juicing. Had picked out the particular juices that I was going to focus on. Purchased a few vitamins and supplements. And had gone to the Farmers Market and bought a ishload of produce.
I. Was. Ready.



That morning when I got up, I had such a sense of peace. It's hard to explain but I felt a peace, calmness and sense of well being. Go figure. I guess I had already begun the process of "clearing out" in my mind.



The juicing went well. I never was hungry. Seriously. By the afternoon, the only thing that kicked in was my desire to chew. I actually missed the act of chewing. HippieMom even mentioned this in her post on her juicing experience. It was quite interesting feeling this way. I ended up not fasting beyond that one day. But my conclusion is that I will definitely do it again. I'm actually contemplating juice fasting/feasting this weekend.

Here's a couple of my fav juice recipes:

CO's Basic Green Yummy Juice
1 Granny Smith apple
1 lemon
a few leaves of kale
several leaves of green lettuce
several leaves of red lettuce
**It's really up to your discretionary tastes as to how many green leaves you'd like in your own juice.

Apple, Carrot & Celery or Ginger Juice
2 gala apples
1 stalk of celery or an inch(or 2) of ginger
several carrot stalks
**I like to be heavy on the carrot juice so I typically add at least 6 to 8 stalks. Not so fond of celery, so it's just 1 stalk of that. Lol.

Also, I do use organic produce.

Have you juiced anything lately?....

Post Title LONG OVERDUE JUICE FAST/FEAST UPDATE