Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TLC'S WHAT NOT TO WEAR ~ MIRIAM

As a devout fan of TLC’s What Not To Wear , I was so impressed to watch a natural-haired diva grace, and most importantly, leave the show…with nary a strand touched by a flat iron or straightening comb.


A beautiful spirit, by the name of Miriam, went through a fashion intervention/transformation that was quite impressive. When I saw the target for the show, I instantly fell in love with her hair.

**Sorry I couldn't find a better picture(s), but her hair was gorgeous even before.**
 
Her hair was gorgeous. I immediately wanted to know how long her hair had been chem-free or if she ever had a relaxer. How long had she been growing it? And how she was caring for it? It was so healthy and beautiful. Surprisingly enough, Ted Gibson (current WNTW hair artiste) respected the hair. Woo hoo!! No flat iron. No relaxer. He applied a beautiful reddish-brown color to her hair and gave it a more modern cut. (Between you and me, I preferred her hair shape before.)


Now some of you may be wondering why I’m making such a big to-do out of this. Well, given WNTW”s hair styling history, leaving a curly, coily, wavy and/or kinky haired person’s texture alone is a rarity. Under usual circumstances (or should I say in the past), the first thing they want to do is straighten it. Giving the overall impression, from the show, that you can’t be fashionable, beautiful or your best you without straight hair. Boo.
So yes, I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the outcome of the show.



P.S. Miriam is a practicing nudist. That’s a whole other post. *wink*

Have an awesome Tuesday!

Post Title TLC'S WHAT NOT TO WEAR ~ MIRIAM