Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

SOMETIMES I'M TEMPTED TO...THE PICTORIAL









Eva Marcille



Alek Wek
I don't condone or advocate the smoking of cigarettes so we'll just say that that's a "natural" smoke from a "natural" product coming from her mouth. Lol. Otherwise, the photo & look are FIERCE.


Kelis
I heart me some Kelis. I have much respect for the woman who is bold and brazen enough to ignore the  fashion standardI  & beauty idea set and followed by most of society and live her life according to how she feels and what makes her happy. I'd love to add color to my hair but I've hennaed waaaaaay too many times. I'll just wait until I start over again. It's all in fun.




Amber Rose

Yes, I added Miss Amber. I fell in love with her short 'do when I first spotted her in Ludracris's video "What Them Girls Like".  She definitely stands out amongst all the other long flowing locks. Say what you want about her but she is definitely rockin' it. Big ups to her for going against the supposed beauty standard.


Lauren Hill













Erykah Badu



And last but not least, moi back in the day, almost three years ago.
me -August 2007

I loved these comb coils.

Oh, and check out Fleurzty (Awesome natural hair blogger and sweetie) of Texture Playground.  She cut it all off. Again, after six or so years. Work it out, Lady! You look maaar-ve-lous!!


Well, I guess you're probably wondering, "Is ChocolateOrchid going to big chop again?".  No. Although, I have to admit that there was a freedom in doing so a few years back.  I'm still trying to see how far it (my hair) will grow. Maybe in three more years I'll revisit the idea. But in the meantime, I will continue to admire (and sometimes envy) the beautiful women with the short crop, baldies, low fades and petit afros.

Much Love To You All,

Post Title SOMETIMES I'M TEMPTED TO...THE PICTORIAL