Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

HAIR UPDATE - JANUARY 2011

Hi Beautifuls!

You know... ever since I post on my future hair plans, I've been reevaluating my time frame for all that I want to do with my hair. I promise you, I'm a bit capricious (Look mommy! I learned a new word. Haha!) about my hair. It's just so much that I want to try out. I suppose being a bit bored with the usual plays a part in it as well. I'm certainly not interested in getting waist-length hair. Too much work. So length is not an issue for me. I'm just feeling my "do-whatever-the-hell-I-want-to-cause-I'm-doin-me" attitude to the fullest. And right now, it's moving my desire to rock some fierce locs a bit sooner than 5 years from now. I'm thinking more like 2. And believe me, all things are subject to change. Haha.

Btw, just a little loc inspiration that I've come across:

source


source

Had to put a lil' Lauren Hill in here. ;)
*Shout out to all the sexy men sporting those medium-long locs!*

*Ahem.* Excuse me.
We now return to regularly scheduled programing....

After sporting my bun, I washed/deep conditioned and then did some twists. As "mini" as I could stand to do them. And as you can probably see, again they are not that mini. Lol.






Back view.
I often wish for thicker hair. Hate the open spots.

Front view of pony-bun'ish style.


My little half-hazard bun that I think looks cool. ;) So much better in person. Lol.

I've since gone into a twist-out which I will try and make last for a week. Crosses fingers. This may be wishful thinking for me but I want to try out a organic shampoo of sorts, Pure Earth Hair Wash. I watched the review by youtube's Naptral85 (Love her channel!) and was totally intrigued (and impressed) by her review and the ingredients.

During my next wash/dc, I plan on doing a henna treatment. Which, by the way, I've been itchin' to get a henna tattoo. Almost did, a couple of weeks ago on the fly but I didn't have enough time. But whenever I do, I'll definitely post pics of it. I just love their beauty & intricate detail. Anyhoo, the henna for hair treatment is long overdue. And how I'll style it until I get my hair straightened & trimmed next month is anybody's guess.

If you all have any suggestions for a style to try, I'm open to them. It may be something that I've never considered or forgotten about.

Ttyl,

Post Title HAIR UPDATE - JANUARY 2011