Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

DETOX UPDATE II

A simple salad I made that was so delicious.


Woo hoo!! Hi Gorgeous!

Let me start by saying that I feel good. I really do. =)


*Forewarning: There will be some content in this post that you may consider tmi. Just so you know.*

For those of you who may not know, I'm on Carolyn Akens Body Rejuvenation Detox Program , which lasts for 21 days.  I am rounding out my 2nd week on it. Woo hoo!!

On to the details:

This past week has been much better than the end of last week. Let me give you a glimpse into the day-to-day detox happenings for me.

Thursday
Felt good. Noticed how my pooch (stomach) is going down. Felt nauseas later on. (Story on that coming later in post). Had a couple of foul-smelling loose stools. Felt better after eliminating though.

Friday
Woke up feeling better. Still experienced some slightly loose stools.

Saturday
Felt good. That is until another wave of nausea hit. Story on that coming later in post.

Sunday – Wednesday
Felt & feeling great! Great physically and emotionally. I’m more inclined to workout this week. And I’m amazed at the energy and vitality that I’m feeling. I really am. Not sure what I expected but, it’s like I want to run and keep on going.



Okay. So here’s the breakdown on my bouts with nausea:

I had to take my daughter somewhere after school. And with a limited window of time, she grabbed something from the fridge. A hotdog. Once the hotdog was ready, we hopped into the car to be on our way. As the car doors closed, I was engulfed in this serious hotdog aroma. At first, it smelled absolutely magnificent to me. I thought, “Oh God. That smells sooo good.” Not a minute later, I was thinking, “Oh God. That smells soooo.... awful.” It’s funny now but it was not a cute situation to be in. From that moment on, I felt horrible and just wanted to be home. About an hour & a half later, we finally got home and I commenced to drinking the lemon water. I even tried some fresh coconut juice I'd gotten from the Farmer’s Market. None of which helped. Eventually, I had the urge to use the bathroom which was exactly what I needed to do. Eliminate the toxins thru excrement that were jacking my body up. And so it happened and I felt much better.

Saturday’s instance was quite similar. A friend of mine was having a business event that I was determined to attend. Well, at least, show my face at. I couldn’t stay long because I had to pick up my daughter from her ever-time changing cheer practice. Little did I know that it was best that way. When I got to my friend’s home, they were still getting prepared for her event. Her sister was putting the finishing touches on her hair & makeup. Her hubby was in the kitchen frying up some chicken. Yes. That was it right there. I smelled it and thought, “Hmm, haven’t smelled that aroma in awhile.” You know the one, that home-fried chicken smell. Anyhoo, I was okay for most of the time that I was there. Even had a few pieces of fruit. But an interesting thing happened once I got in my car to go pick up my daughter. I noticed the fried chicken, or better yet, fried chicken grease aroma was still with me. It was in my coat and clothes. So as I’m driving in this closed-up car, I’m noticing this scent more and more. And not in a good way. Damn! Here we go again. So this time, I took it upon myself to purchase an enema to help the process. Cause I hate feeling like I need to hurl.

Needless to say, after all was said and done, I felt much better.

And oh…. I’ve now graduated to green, odorless poop. I know. Tmi.

Lol.

Post Title DETOX UPDATE II