Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

CURRY VEGGIES BEDDED ON WATERCRESS..."CHOKED" IN PARSLEY

Hi Gorgeous Ones!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! Mine was great! Although I must say that for the past couple of days I've been feeling a bit....idk, some-kinda-way, so I haven't been feeling much blogging. *shrugs* Sometimes its like that.

Anyhoo, I recently tried winging another vegan recipe. I started with my usual basics: sauteed onions & fresh garlic in evoo. Then I filled it with all sorts of veggies on hand; portabello mushrooms, sweet potatoes, zucchini, red & green bell peppers, kale & tempeh. And I added one of my fav spices - curry. Love that stuff!!


I put them on a bed of watercress- a new herb to my pantry.



Then decided to top it with parsley.

Yes, I got really excited about the parsley. Lol.
And no, I'm not that huge a fan of parsley.

What I will & won't do the next time:
Overcooking - I thought that I needed to steam the sweet potatoes but it was totally unnecessary.
Complete prepping before cook start  - I started cooking the vegetables and wasn't even finished cutting them up. Bad move. This also added to the food being overcooked.
Overuse of some herbs - Check out the amount of parsley on that plate (above pic). Lol. Nuff said.

I am definitely a fan of raw vegan foods so I understand the importance of the natural enzymes, vitamins & minerals in them. Overcooking destroys these important nutrients which are the point of eating. To feed your body, your cells so that they function properly. When you overcook your foods, they kinda lose their purpose and end up not performing as they should. Which, overtime, can lead to a malnourished bod.
Bottom line - That will not happen again.

I paired it with one of my green smoothies.
Kiwi- Pear Green Smoothie


Kiwi-Pear Green Smoothie
2 chard leaves
3 kale leaves
2 ripe kiwi
1 ripe pear
2 scoops of Ruth's Hemp Protein Powder (raw,gluten-free)
1 heaping T of organic Coconut Oil
1.5 - 2 C of distilled water (depends on thickness preference)

Blended all ingredients to perfection. Enjoyed some with my meal and put the rest in mason jars & refrigerated immediately.

Peace.



Post Title CURRY VEGGIES BEDDED ON WATERCRESS..."CHOKED" IN PARSLEY