Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

GREEN LENTIL MASALA


Hi Gorgeous Ones!

I've been at it again. This time I finally tried my hands at preparing lentils. I've had them for awhile but was hesitant to try cooking them. Me and my overthinking. Smh. (I believe it's time to have a "ditch the overthinking" party.)



green lentils - dry
 Too my surprise, they were super easy to make. And came out so delicious.

*FYI : Most ingredients used were organic except for the lentils, curry & garlic.

Showing all ingredients except for the tomato.

By now, you all should know I love me some curry.  Yummm.

Ingredients
2 C of green lentils

4 to 5 C of water
1 tomato (diced)
½ onion
3 to 4 large cloves of garlic
2 capfuls of Masaman Curry
Salt & pepper to taste
Evoo for sautéing

Directions:


Heat about 2 tablespoons of evoo (extra virgin olive oil)  in pot. Sauté’ onions til tender. Add garlic. Stir for about 1 minute or so. Add tomatoes, lentil and water. Stir. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low.

Allow to simmer for about an hour or until the lentils are tender.

Salt & pepper to taste. And enjoy!



I absolutely loved this dish! It was so simple and extremely tasty. I definitely consider it a go-to dish because of the simplicity of it on top of its great nutritional value. Lentils are rich in protein, high in fiber and have essential amino acids, folate, other vitamins and minerals. Its a great substitute for meat. 
 
And there are so many recipes out there for lentils.  The next time I prepare it, I will be sure to add carrots, celery & green bell pepper.
 
If you've ever cooked lentils, please share your recipe. I'd love to know and expand on healthy recipes to try.

Post Title GREEN LENTIL MASALA