Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

PROTECTIVE STYLE CHALLENGE







Hola Beautifuls!

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! I did. I had a great time at my Raw Foods class. (I'll post on that tomorrow.)

Today I'm making public (or web public) on my participation in a Growth Challenge. Ever since my failed weave attempt, I've been toiling with potential protective styling options. A few weeks ago while detangling my hair, I discovered that I could make a ponytail. (Yay me!) After making this monumental discovery, I decided to bun my hair for the duration of Winter.

While perusing Curltalk, I happened upon Fleurtzy who has a great hair blog, Texture Playground. She started a Protective Style Challenge, listing details that I'd already been doing. So for comraderie sake, I decided to join in. The pictures above document my current length. On March 20th (the last day of the challenge), I will post another photo to show any progress in length. I can already tell a difference when hand-detangling my hair. It has not been knotting up like it was before. I'm sure my weekly oil treatments are helping also. On a weekly basis, I switch between Dabur Vatika Oil overnight treatments on the weekend and Hairveda's CoCasta Shikakai Oil rinse during the week. I'm loving 'em both.

Wish me luck!! Say,how was your weekend?....

Post Title PROTECTIVE STYLE CHALLENGE