Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

"All the Singles Ladies. All the Singles Ladies."...

Not put 'cha hands up...








Good Morning Beautifuls!

I hope that you all had a great weekend! Did you do something for you?..
Mine was full of competitions. One in the "A" and yesterday's in B'ham, Alabama so I am a bit spent today. It's cool though. Our seniors and junior level 5 team got first place both days. The youth team won first place Saturday and 3rd place on Sunday. We all had a great time!

I did get back in time to see some of the Grammys. And let me tell you, M.I.A. made my night!! Probably my entire weekend! She got out there in did her thang! Ready-to-blow baby belly and all! That was it for me!

Getting to the point of today's post and seeing as this is Valentine's week, I figures I'd be posting on topics related to love. As a fellow single lady (meaning sans a current relationship), I want to speak on how to navigate this holiday. Instead of running from it or loathing the day, I embrace it. Not taking away from any regular day, I think it's wonderful to celebrate love. If you have no significant other, beau (or belle), or hubby it's nothing to dread or feel down about.

Here are a few things that you can do to celebrate the day:

1. Get a professional massage or have a spa day

2. Treat yourself to a cute outfit and/or shoes

3. Go get a makeover

4. Host a Valentine cocktail party for/with other single friends

5. Go to a Valentine's event for singles in your city or area

6. Give the gift of giving and volunteer at a senior center or other organization for the day.

7. Cook a V-day dinner for an elder single family member or friend.
I wish I could say that I'm doing one of these things, but alas I am not. I'll be attending Cheersport Nationals all day Saturday and Sunday for cheerleading competitions. And when I say all day, I literally mean from morning through the evening. Sucks that they scheduled it for Valentine weekend. Oh well. Least my b'day weekend isn't hemmed up.


Those are just a few suggestions. If you have, any do share.

Peace and blessings!!

Post Title "All the Singles Ladies. All the Singles Ladies."...