Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SINUSES, part deux

Mtn Rose Herbs essential oils pic via viablehealth.com

Hi Beautiful Ones!

Here's another way that I've incorporated essential oils into my treatment for sinus issues. This method is by using steam inhalation, which is basically adding a certain amount of essential oil(s) to hot water and allowing it to enter the body via steam transport.

Luckily, some years ago, my daughter received a facial steamer as a gift. Or either I purchased it. Can't quite remember which one. Lol.  It really is a fun item to use. Especially when you want to have your own spa day or moment.



Carmengirls.com Rosy Cheeks facial sauna



Here's what I do. I fill the evaporation bowl of the facial sauna. Then I add the following essential oils to it:

Tea Tree       1 drop
Eucalyptus     2 drops

*Got the above mix from this article on ehow. I then turn on the steamer, place my head at the opening for the face and cover my head and upper body with a towel.
As far as opening your nasal passages, it works really well. I try to do this before I go to bed and in the morning.



I plan on using the following steam inhalation recipe tonight right before I go to bed.

Rosemary     3 drops
Thyme          1 drop
Peppermint   1 drop

* I got this one from my fav essential oil book The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy.


Peace,

Post Title ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SINUSES, part deux