Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SINUSES


Okay Lovelies,

So I've been fighting the cooties. It's been frustrating because, as a mom (and a single mom at that), I don't have the time for it. It's simply no where to pencil it into my schedule.  I'm convinced that my cold-to-sinus issues are because I need to do a serious detox which I will get to. But til then, I've tried some other natural options to get rid of this crap. Seems like I've found a great help in the interim.

After tossing and turning damn near all night, I decided to hit up my personal library and break out The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood. I swear this needs to be in every household. Anyhoo, here's the recipe for sinusitis that I found and used.


Sinusitis

Rosemary     5 drops
Geranium      5 drops
Eucalyptus    2 drops
Peppermint   3 drops

Blend these together. And use 5 drops of that proportioned blend per teaspoon of vegetable oil.
Use 5 drops only in each massage. Massage around the neck, behind and in front of the ears, over the cheekbone, the nose and forehead.


This blend really opened me up. I love it. I've used this on top of proper rest, nasal spray (not quite feelin the neti pot just yet), proper food (no crap or junk) and keeping stressors to a minimum.

{{Hugs}},

Post Title ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SINUSES