Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HOLIDAY HAIR

Hi Lovelies!


While I enjoyed my flexi-rod set from last week, the ridiculous amount of product (Jane Carter Solutions Wrap & Roll) that I used lead to my hair being a tad matted and dry. So what did I do? Kept it movin’.

Ugh. I know. *shakes head* Bad ChocolateOrchid. Baaaadd. I know. What was I thinking? Most likely, I did this because I had a lot of holiday activities going on. On top of which, I was determined to find a cute, in-my-budget dress to wear on New Year’s Eve, so a good bit of my thoughts and time was spent searching on that. Did I want to do something special with my hair for NYE? Of course! Initially, I wanted to wear it straight, but after being honest with myself decided to toss the idea and wear it up. Since I only get my hair straightened twice a year, at most, I knew that getting it straightened only to sweat it out partying would be a waste of time and/or money.  And yes. I danced the New Year in just like that.  Sweating it out. Lol. So what did I do? I dampened it. Added condish, butter and gelly (Hairveda Whipped Gelly) to it to put it in a bun with a front bump.
New Years Eve 2010
Might look cute, but felt deadly. When I finally put in an effort to do something with it, my hair was threatening to lock up. Yes. Why? Because I didn’t fully comb out the curls before putting it into a bun. I just dampened it and threw it into a bun. So Sunday night, I loaded (and I mean loaded) my hair with lots of detangling conditioner (Paul Mitchell The Detangler, Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Daily Hair Conditioner and some of the leave-in) along with the help of jojoba and grapeseed oils and my spritz mix and slowly (and sometimes painstakingly) unraveled and detangled. Whew! Never. Ever. Again.


Because my hair was so dry, I ended up leaving this mix in my head overnight as a means to revive it. So as you can see, I went back to a method called, “baggying”. Baggying is basically, applying conditioner, oils or some type of moisturizer to the hair and then covering it with a plastic cap. Usually overnight as a means of retaining or imparting more moisture to the hair. The plastic bag traps in the heat giving your hair the added moisture that it needs.


Last night, I finally washed it and all the other stuff out with Curls Clarifying Shampoo. Then did a condish rinse with Jane Carter Solutions Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner . And “Awwwwwhh.” My hair feels so much better. As I type this post, I currently have my hair in five plaits to stretch and allow it to dry some. I’ll twist it up or do whatever comes to my mind, sometime tomorrow. =)

If I decide to do “whatever comes to my mind”, you’ll definitely see a post on it next week.


What’s going on with your tresses?.....


Post Title HOLIDAY HAIR