Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A COUPLE OF NEW SMOOTHIES FOR YA!!

Well, at least they're new to me. =)

Had a Facebook inquiry about a smoothie pic I had posted and realized that I hadn't shared any smoothie recipes lately. Mainly because I hadn't tried anything new until now.

So here goes.....


I adapted this first one from a shake recipe that I found by Kathy of The LunchBox Bunch. The original recipe calls for 1/3 cup of ice. I prefer to only use frozen fruit instead of ice. I just like mine on the thick side. Click here for the original shake recipe.




As you can see, I had to take a few sips of this while taking pics. Lol. Love the nutty flavor of this one. And so does my daughter.
Almond Banana Smoothie

1 3/4 C almond milk, vanilla flavor *I prefer unsweetened.
2 large frozen bananas
2 heaping T of raw almond butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon


Place all ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend on high til smooth and thick.
Makes enough for 2, maybe 3.
Enjoy!!


As you can see, I was taking sips from this one, also. ;)

Yes, you do see Girl Scout cookies in the background. I swear I didn't do it. Seriously. Lol.

Avocado Green Smoothie
4 - 6 leaves of Kale
1 avocado (diced)
half a fresh pineapple (cubed)
orange (peeled) or mango (peeled or frozen)
filtered water
1 knob of ginger *optional
sweetener like raw agave, honey or stevia to taste *optional


Place all ingredients into a high powered blender. Blend on low til smooth and thick.
Me thinks it makes about 4 servings.
Enjoy!!

Happy Sipping!

Post Title A COUPLE OF NEW SMOOTHIES FOR YA!!