Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

MY NEW FAV "SAMMICH"!!

Hi Gorgeous!


A few days ago, I started playing around with a veggie sandwich idea. I was craving a really good veggie sandwich. I tend to love sauteed portabello mushrooms w/red onions as a base for my veggie sandwiches, so I started with that in mind. I also wanted (and love) avocado's so I began to toy with the idea of using it as a spread instead of cutting it into chunks. I ended up coming up with something that is filling, healthy & very good on the taste buds.



I spreaded some ripe, mashed avocado onto a slice of Ezekiel sprouted bread. *Note: At this point, I'm only using one slice of bread. Two slices is way too much for me. I'm also toasting the bread.

I added a layer of baby spinach leaves on top of the avocado spread.


Please disregard the tomato on top. I was going for adding another element of taste to the sandwich but it just didn't work out to my liking. So since then, I've been leaving it off. I actually removed this tomato after taking my initial bite into "my sammich".



My pièce de résistance!
 I know this may look a mess. Well, it is! A deliciously messy sammich!! And yes, it really is a messy eat. Lol.

Oh, I forgot to mention that when sauteeing the ports & onions, I added 2 to 3 cloves of garlic and some Sun Fire salt to taste. Yummmm.....


And to top it off, I have me some Kombucha tea with it. Love this stuff!!

**Please note, I've made about 4 of these since making this initial sandwich pictured here. I would've taken a picture of them since they are exact to my description in this post. However, I (& everyone else) keeps eating them up.

Lol.

Post Title MY NEW FAV "SAMMICH"!!