Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BOO TO ECZEMA


source

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m gonna have to up my raw food & vegan food intake. And when I say “up” it, I mean by a good bit. I have been fighting bouts of eczema on my legs (and arms) for awhile. While I was on Carolyn Akens “Body Rejuvenation Detox” program, I could see it calming and diminishing a whole lot. Almost went away. Oh, but of course, since I ended it, it’s crept back up and out in full swing as if it wants to be seen this spring and summer. Not happy about it and I’m not having it.


I’m trying not to get bummed about it ‘cause I really wanna wear some cute spring/summer dresses & shorts but my legs are making me wanna hide. Now I do understand (and know) that I can get a great makeup artist to airbrush my legs until they are back to a healthy norm. If anyone knows how to cover up unsightly blemishes please share.

I first noticed it a year or so ago, after using a certain product. I eventually put that product to rest. But ever since, it’s been a battle. And trust, I’ve been doing every external natural product like stinky Neem oil, ACV juice and my own blend of essential oils in shea butter. They’re just not doing it. And I am one who believes that your nutrition plays a major part in your wellness. So ultimately, I understand that I gotta go back to eating 100% vegan; raw vegan all day and clean vegan at night. Kinda makes me angry cause I count myself as a bit of a foodie but it is what it is. And I gotta do what I gotta do.

Honestly, with the warmer weather hitting, I want to get out and socialize more. And along with this, I envisioned myself eating & drinking whatever I want. Again, basically being a bit of a foodie. But that will have to be shelved for a little while. And I’m okay with that. Besides, I had planned on doing extended periods of eating all vegan. Though I must admit, this will help me get to where I want to be in my diet lifestyle and while training for the Peachtree Road Race. So I’m getting with it with a smile.


In the meantime, I’m taking all suggestions on how to do coverage (makeup) on legs.


Post Title BOO TO ECZEMA