Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

RANDOM FRIDAY ON BBCA'S "BEING HUMAN"



Let me just first admit that I love the BBCA channel. They bring some awesome, sci-fi/fantasy/supernatural shows. From “Dr. Who” to “Torchwood” to “Primeval” to “Being Human”. Awwwh…. “Being Human”. I am a huge fan of this show. It’s basically about a group of not-so-normal friends trying to live a normal life.


You have Mitchell, the sexy-ass vampire, trying his damndest to live without spilling human blood.
Aidan Turner

There’s George, the good and somewhat socially challenged werewolf.
Russell Tovey


Nina, George’s werewolf girlfriend/baby-to-be-mama, who’s spitfire personality helps to balance George’s quirkiness.
Sinead Keenan


And last but not least, Annie, the sweet & friendly ghost.
Lenora Crichlow

Not to be confused with the current American version that comes on the Syfy channel. I mean, don’t get me wrong. They’re the same basic show but the American version feels so rushed. Hell, it’s the 1st season and the werewolf’s girlfriend is already knocked-up. Not cool.

However, BBCA’s “Being Human” has taken the time to develop the characters to the point where you don’t feel like it’s some quick, fly-by-night romance where you don’t even know what the other person is allergic to or where you're not quite sure how to spell their last name correctly. No. This show is on its 3rd season, in which, by the way, the werewolf’s girlfriend is pregnant. Thank you.

Anyhoo, I absolutely cannot wait for Saturday night’s season finale. Last week’s episode had me screaming and talking to the TV. Well, actually the characters. Er, uh… It’s great TV so give me a pass people. Lol.

Holla at me if you’re a fan of the BBC version. Btw, I do watch the American version but I’m not that fond of it but I am trying to give it a chance.


Have an awesome weekend!


Post Title RANDOM FRIDAY ON BBCA'S "BEING HUMAN"