Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

AFROVEDA HAIR PRODUCT REVIEW


Hola Gorgeous Ones!

On last week, I finally got around to trying some Afroveda products that I had gotten awhile back. If you're not familiar with Afroveda hair products, let me share a little about this line with you. The products contain Ayurvedic herbs, oils and botanicals that are proven to have a positive health benefit. There are no parabens, sulfates or other harmful ingredients in the Afroveda products. The ingredients are based on Ayurvedic principles.

Da heck is Ayurvedic, ChocolateOrchid?...

Ayurveda is a wholistic system of medicine from India that uses a constitutional model. Its aim is to provide guidance regarding food and lifestyle so that healthy people can stay healthy and folks with health challenges can improve their health.
There are several aspects to Ayurveda that are quite unique:

Its recommendations will often be different for each person regarding which foods and which lifestyle they should follow in order to be completely healthy. This is due to it's use of a constitutional model.
Everything in Ayurveda is validated by observation, inquiry, direct examination and knowledge derived from the ancient texts.
It understands that there are energetic forces that influence nature and human beings. These forces are called the Tridoshas.
Because Ayurveda sees a strong connection between the mind and the body, a huge amount of information is available regarding this relationship.


You can read up more information on Ayurveda here.

Okay, back to my review. I purchased products from here based on my dosha.

Da heck is a dosha, CO?...

Well, simply put dosha is “biological type” or physical constitution. The original definition is WAY more complex than this but for time and content sake I've chosen to keep it as simple and as understandable as possible.

Okay, back to the review. My dosha came out high for Kapha, 2nd high for Vitta. So I purchased based on my highest number which was for Kapha.

Afroveda Neem+3 Triphala Silk Protein Hair Conditioner

Although I can't say that I was head-over-heels for it, but I do like this condish. My hair definitely appreciates the protein in it so it really left my tresses feeling soft, silky and strong. It also has a wonderful scent to it. The only thing I wished was different was its consistency. Its not as thick as I would've liked it to be. It's kinda lotiony (new word alert). I honestly don't know if I'd purchase it again because, although it was good, I've had better results from other conditioners. However, I will continue to use this as a conditioner wash. Like I said, I do like it.

Ingredients: aloe vera leaf juice, neem oil, safflower oil, nettle, amalaki herb, behentriomonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, shea butter, almond oil, herbal oil complex, glycerin, panthenol vitamin B5, tocopheryl (vitamin E), allantoin, wheatPRO plus, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid, a wonderfully citrus essential oil blend of lime, orange, thyme, and tangerine, and love.

Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter

WHOA!! I really wanted to like this but the smell is a big turn-off for me. Don't get me wrong. I love ginger in my diet but on my hair... Hmmmm, not so much. Or maybe its the bitter almond essential oil. I just can't get pass the scent. It was a bit pungent to me. I'm sure I will pass this along to someone else who will appreciate it. There's plenty left. As far as performance, it was so-so for me. My hair was a tad bit frizzier than I would've of liked.

Ingredients: aloe vera leaf juice, rice milk, water, almond oil, sunflower oil, ashwagandha powder, ginger herb, evoo, nettle, herbal oil complex, jojoba oil, neem oil, glyceryl stearate and cetearyl alcohol and sodium stearoyl lactylate, phenoxyethanol and caprylyl glycol, and love. Essential oil blend of lemon, lavender, bitter almond and ginger.

Afroveda Hibiscus Hair Infusion Oil

Ooh, I love the scent. My hair felt great after using it. I haven't used this enough to really give a full review on it but seeing all the wonderful ingredients in it makes me certain that this oil is a great addition to my make-shift product store. Lol. I feel this one is a keeper.

Ingredients: Jojoba, almond and olive oils infused with amla, brahmi, bhringaraj, nettle, hibiscus, ashwagandha herbs (along with our own herbal oil complex) in a blend of jojoba, almond, castore seed and evoo. Essential oils of rose, sandalwood and jasmine. MSM (sulfur) added.

Overall, I totally enjoyed trying out Afroveda. I mean, why wouldn't I enjoy it?.. I loooooooovvvve to play in my hair. =) Anyhoo, I'm definitely open to trying the Vitta line. We shall see. It's all about experimenting.

Oh, if any of you have tried and liked Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter and would like mine just leave a comment. Trust. There's plenty left. If I get alot of inquiries on this. I'll use the True Random Number Generator to pick a lucky recipient.

Well, I'm off til next week. Gone to enjoy the holidays and this time with family. I hope that you all do the same with your fam, friends and/or loved ones.

Peace and blessings,
ChocolateOrchid

**Forgot to mention. I will do the drawing on next Monday, the 30th at 10pm EST. I will announce the recipient of Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter on the next day, December 1st.**

Post Title AFROVEDA HAIR PRODUCT REVIEW