Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A JANE CARTER SOLUTION REVIEW



Hi Beautifuls!

I wanted to talk to you all about a few Jane Carter products that I’ve used. On top of the products I already owned (Nourish & Shine and the Revitalizing Leave-in Conditioner), the lovely folks at Jane Carter sent me her Twist & Lock and Hair Nourishing Cream. So I had to share w/you how everything turned out.

First off, let me say that I have a special interest and love for all-natural products. Jane Carter Solutions believes,"that what you put on and in your body should promote wellness, and also be kind to the earth". Loves it! I was (and still am) a strong fan of her Nourish & Shine. I love to seal my ends with it. The smell is a bit strong for me but not enough to keep me from using it. Besides, the scent seems to calm down after awhile. My daughter loves it, too. I caught her and one of her Bff’s all in my stuff. No joke. Even though it frustrated me at the time (cause I could just see them using all the product up in one sitting), it made me feel good to know that this product appealed to my child. Trying to keep my young chica on the all-natural tip.
On to my particular review:

Jane Carter Solution Twist & Lock
This lock cream will help to re-moisturize your locks while adding shine to your hair.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Illippe Butter, Mango Butter, Vtamins A, D, & E, Sweet Orange, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Palmarosa, Cedarwood, Geranium, Bergamot, Rosemary Essential Oils, Jojoba, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid.

Directions: Apply a small amount to your existing locks or re-growth when re-twisting. Use Condition & Sculpt for additional hold. Finish with Natural Hold Locking Spray.


Now let me say, that after I read the above directions I was a bit concerned about hold. I used this product to twist my hair after I washed & dc’d it. I was looking for and expecting a good hold due to the title of this product but after reading the directions I wasn’t too sure that it would deliver that and give me a great twist-out.

Needless to say, my hair came out fine. As a matter of fact, this is a picture of 3-day hair. Woo hoo!! After I read the ingredients and saw “shea butter” listed second, my concerns were calmed. Shea butter is great for hold, among other things.



Jane Carter Hair Nourishing Cream
Natural Butters, Pure Essential Oils, Botanicals, and Vitamins make Hair Nourishing Cream the ultimate hairdress. Its ultra light consistency will not weigh hair down. Use it as a hairdress. It’s great for blow drying natural hair. It will leave hair shiny, soft and bouncy.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Illippe Butter, Mango Butter, Vtamins A, D, & E Orange, Grapefruit, Palmarosa, Cedarwood, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Bergamot, Rosemary Essential Oils, Jojoba, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid.

Directions: Apply a small amount (size of a dime) to damp or dry hair. Style as desired.


If your hair is on the fine side, I’d definitely recommend this cream. It has a nice, light scent. Again, not nearly as strong as the Nourish & Shine so if scent is an issue w/you this may be the better choice. I used this to help moisturize and seal my ends. I’ve also gone back and forth between this, the Twist & Lock and the Nourish & Shine to seal my ends. They are all great for moisture and sealing. My hair loves this stuff!

Overall: I am very pleased with the Twist & Lock and Hair Nourishing Cream. I’m already a fan of the Nourish & Shine and the Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner and am glad I tried the others. My hair has been defined, soft and moisturized this entire time. It has great movement and a nice scent to it. As usual, I’m lovin’ Jane Carter Solution products.

Just a note: I don't put much stock into hair-typing so I will attempt to describe my hair. It is kinky, coily, & a little curly. Has a fine to medium density to it. Is a medium-fine texture and has a low to normal porosity. I’ll get back with you on the rest once I figure out my hair’s elasticity. I do plan on posting about this assessment of my hair. From what I’ve read/researched, this is the information you need to guide you as far as your product choices go.

Also note that I’m partial to citrusy scents which I’m sure influences my opinion of these products. Each of them has a slight citrus scent to them. Nourish & Shine being the stronger one. So if you have an affinity for this type of scent, you will enjoy this product even more.

Jane Carter Solution
Natural Hair Care with a conscious
Can be purchased at Whole Foods and various health stores.
On the internet, you can find her products at Jane Carter Solution or my fav retailer, Curlmart.

Post Title A JANE CARTER SOLUTION REVIEW