Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

AYURVEDIC MIX, pt deux



Hola Good People!

I hope you're keeping warm wherever you are. It's 24 "balmy" degrees in the ATL. And I won't even mention what the windchill is. Anyhoo, remember the post that I did on my first ayurvedic mix for my hair?... Well, I finally thawed it out to use once again. It went a lot better this time. Although, I believe I should have been more thorough in the application.


It's okay. I still have another application's worth left. Yeah. Really. I made that much. The mix consisted of amla, bhringraj (also known as maka) and brahmi ayurvedic powders along with some grapeseed oil & avocado oil. As stated in the older post, I used WAY too much. Instead of dumping the entire boxes of ingredients in the bowl, I should have used amounts in the size of a tablespoon or two. Learned from my mistake though.

AYURVEDIC POWDERS

Amla - promotes hair growth, controls hair fall, cures scalp infection, controls premature graying

Brahmi - cools the scalp and induces sound sleep, Controls dandruff, Makes hair long, dark, Dense & lustrous , strengthens hair roots

Bhringraj (or maka) - makes hair dense, promotes hair growth, cures Alopecia, removes scurf, prevents premature balding, helps with sun-damaged or color-treated hair


Now between the Brahmi and the Bhringraj(maka), one of these was the culprit of putting some dark, hard to clean grit under my nails. Just fair warning, if and when you use one of these powders be prepared to have to work on your nails. It took forever for me to get them free of the dark powder.

Other than that, this application was a success. I followed it with a steam oil treatment. Woot woot! I used a mix of Bhringraj oil and an oil mix that I had on hand. I'm really digging the steam oil treatments right now. I think they're really benefiting my hair during this cold season.

My hair feels great,detangles very easily, has a nice sheen and seems to hang better. Or maybe it's just growing. I'll take that too!! I've also noticed that my hair hasn't been shedding as much. Usually, I shed a small rugs worth of hair when I do my weekly washes. This amount seems to have been cut in half, maybe more. I think its a combination of the use of the steamer and the oil and ayurvedic treatments. Either way, I will continue to do these things.

Have you done or tried an ayurvedic mix lately? If so, what was your mix?..

Post Title AYURVEDIC MIX, pt deux