Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

COMMITTMENT PHOB??.... MAYBE

No, it's not what you think. ;)

For awhile now, I’ve been contemplating wanting to do a juice-fast…. of some length. And when I say “of some length”, I mean for a full week. Hell, at this point I'd take three days. I see so many people out there doing a juice fast of some sort but for some odd reason I am having such a difficult time committing to it. If you really know me, then you’d know that I’ve done fasts before. At one time, I was pretty regular with it. Like a week, or at least a day, every other month or so. The only difference between then and now is the knowledge that I have. Then I was going straight to juice isles in the grocery stores and getting any old apple juice, orange juice, etc. Now, I feel like I can do it right. I have a juicer and know to go to the Farmer’s Market for some great veggies.

But lately, I’m having a hard time settling down to do one.

I would love to do 7 full days but I can barely wrap my mind around doing 1 full day. What da heck is up with that? I should really be over the “what I’ll be missing” phase. It’s like I’m afraid of being constrained or having to adhere to a strict regimen. Anybody have pointers or input on this?..I know it’s totally mental. But I will say that I’m being moved and inspired more everyday to go for it.


I’ve been watching videos of Dan McDonald (aka youtube’s Liferegenerator) making juices. Now keep in mind that I’ve been watching his videos. He’s hilarious and such a positive ball of energy. But for some odd reason, it just clicked in me to just go for it and drop some leafy greens into my juicer (Breville Juice Fountain Plus). It’s not the juicer that I want to juice my kale, lettuces and other leafy greens but it does a pretty good job. Dan seems to be working it quite well with his Breville. Now this does not change the fact that I still want a Hurom Slow juicer.
This baby is still on my list for this year.

Here’s a juice that I just put together the other day:
My First Green Juice (leafy green)

It consisted of kale, spinach, parsley,a Granny Smith apple and a lemon. It was as good as I expected it to be.

I also have a couple of books on juicing to help guide me.
The Juice Fasting Bible. Sandra Cabot, M.D.
The Juicing Book. Stephen Blauer

Although I must honestly say that I've been winging it with my concoctions, I still need some help on committing to a juice fast.
Any suggestions out there?....

Post Title COMMITTMENT PHOB??.... MAYBE