Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

HAPPY FRIDAY, A BIRTHDAY AND A GREEN SMOOTHIE!!


Hi Beautiful!

Hope you've had a wonderful week! Mine seems to have been super busy. I'm a little pooped so I hadn't really prepared an official Friday post but here goes...

Today is a "snow" day here in Atlanta. And if you don't know what that means let me tell you. Being in the south, we really aren't equipped to handle snow and/or icy conditions because we rarely get that. For example, there was a 30 car pile-up here because the DOT had not gotten to that part of a highway. Having said that, we have a little snow and a lot of ice along with temps in the teens (windchill of 2 degrees) which means all the schools are out and some businesses are closed for part of the day, maybe more. So as soon as I'm done here, I'm getting back in bed. Lol.

Today is also my daughter's birthday. (Didn't she luck up with a snow day as a b'day!) Got a 14-yr old whom I'm very proud of. She's a good kid - uh, young lady. Just the other day, she asked for some green smoothie. Now granted, she wasn't feeling well at the time, but just her thought to get some green smoothie in her to remedy illness really impressed me. She does listen to me! Woo hoo! Normally, she sees me making what she's calls "a lake" and runs in the opposite direction. It's cool. Now I know she is taking note. She just doesn't know how much she made my day. =)

Green Smoothie
good bunch of kale
some parsley
banana
orange
filtered or distilled water
a little agave nectar (for the newbie)

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. Take some time to do something good for yourself.

And as always, "Do you".

Much Luv,

Post Title HAPPY FRIDAY, A BIRTHDAY AND A GREEN SMOOTHIE!!