Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

CINNAMON....FOR HAIR??

Hi Beautifuls!




So I figure I that I should do a post on hair this week (which I typically do on Tuesdays) since I’m listed as one of  Networked Blogs Top 50 Natural Hair and Beauty Blogs. Shout out to Shelley of Naturi Beauty for the heads-up. And congrats to every blogger on the list. I love to learn of and find out about other bloggers and their sites.



So here goes the “Tuesdays for Tresses” post that wasn’t. Lol.

Lately, I had been reading about people using Cinnamon to lighten their hair naturally. Fleurtzy (Texture Playground) and Zainab1 (Au Naturale) got me really hyped about it. So me being the woman that still loves to play in her hair decided to give it a try.


I used the following recipe which is listed on Au Naturale :
Cinnamon powder (at least 4 tablespoons)

Honey (optional) at least 2 Tablespoons
Conditioner
Shower cap


Now, for whatever reason I felt like I needed to double up on the recipe. I suppose because my hair has a little length to it. Either way, I did not need to and ended up wasting a lot. *shrugs* You live and you learn.

I had read that a few folks experienced some tingling, maybe a bit of burning upon application. However, I only experienced a slight tingling which was temporary. Unfortunately, I did not see any change in my hair but I must put out the disclaimer that I do have really dark hair that has been hennaed and treated with amla/brahmi/ maka ayurvedic mix several times.

Will I try it again? *nodding head* Certainly! Remember, I like to play with my hair.

If any of you have tried this, please let me know what your results were. Especially, if you have dark colored hair.

Post Title CINNAMON....FOR HAIR??