Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MY REDEDICATION(?) JOURNEY




I recently got back on my journey to healthier, more fit me. As I mentioned here , I've had to rededicate myself to my original desired lifestyle. Chronicling this specific journey here on this blog will be part of the changes that I mentioned before.

So let’s start with my basics. My goal was/is to lose 20lbs. So far, I’ve lost 8 of those lbs, which is *sings like Oprah*AWESOOMMME!!” I’m almost down to the magic ten. Woo hoo!!


What have I been doing to get there?.....

Well, first off, I made up my mind to do this. Nothing can be done, started or achieved without first making that concrete decision to do it. From there, I went back to the super affordable, highly doable Arden’s Garden two-day detox. Cost around $30. Because I cannot fathom doing a detox without it, I added green juices to the mix. Did I finish? Yes. Did I slip? Yes. But got right back on the wagon & kept it moving without judgment.

After doing this detox, I had more of a handle on my eating habits. On top of mainly eating whole unprocessed/low-processed foods, I’m doing a lot of juices & shakes (Vega Sport). I’m taking advantage of my stash of Healthforce Nutritionals Vitamineral Green. Awesome green powder! And I’ve also been using a couple more of their products that I found at the check-out line in a Whole Foods store.



Aren’t they adorable?... I took these pics so you could see how little they are in comparison to the regular bottle of Vitamineral Green. Anyhoo. Their “Fruits of the Earth” and “Earth” are the other foods I’m trying. I really am liking them both and hope to purchase them (and more) full-size one day.


I’ve also been taking my ass to the gym (and working it out at home) on the regular. I pretty much workout Tues-Fri. Soon, I’ll end up adding a weekend day for jogging. Gotta prepare for the Peachtree Road Race, Beh-bay!


Unfortunately, I have yet to get some colonics in. Just not in my budget right now. Maybe, I’ll start a “Colon Collection ” or “Colonics Fund”. Haha!!


Oh, I almost forgot! I’ve also begun taking daily swigs of ACV in distilled water. You can read about Apple Cider Vinegar and its benefits here.
 
During this time, I’ve begun to feel really energized. The sinus infection that was wreaking havoc on me is nearly a distant memory. Also, in thanks to New Chapters “Sinus Take Care” herbal defense. So I'm really feeling awesomely well. =)
 
I plan on posting about this aspect of my journey each week. Haven’t settled on a concrete title just yet. One of my fav jams is Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack”, so it could be a variation of that song title something like “Bringing Sexy Back”, “Bringing Healthy Back” or something totally different. 
I dunno. I’m so undecided on that.
 
What do you think?......


What do you think?......

Post Title MY REDEDICATION(?) JOURNEY