Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"My Big Beautiful Ass?".....Really.

As I've said before, last week was "ultra" busy for me. There were end of semester projects and programs for my daughter, dinner party to prepare for & work at, cheerleader practice, and purchases to be made all on top of my regular 9 to 5 job. I finalized my hectic schedule on this past Saturday with the coordination of getting my daughters new bed. She had been sleeping in her same converted toddler "twin-size" bed that she had had since her birth. Yes, I do realize that this was an overdue purchase but it was at least twin-size. Either way, I had to coordinate her salon appt. along with her cheerleading practice while leaving enough of a window somewhere in there to pick up and get the bed home. And then have it put together. Needless to say, I was running all day long.

Anyhoo, while running between her salon appt., scheduling the pick-up/drop-off of the bed & impending practice, I stopped into a Wally's to get a chocolate colored bedskirt to coordinate with her pink-hued bedding. Whilst hastily walking towards the entrance of the Wally World I heard a man yell, "Better get that big beautiful ass across the road for you get hit!" I kept walking thinking, "Surely this muhfuggah is not talking to me." Oh, but he was. (Breathe in. Breathe out.) He then decides to pull up beside me. Mind you, by then I'm giving him the WTF-is-wrong-with-you-you-can't-be-serious look. I mean really! WTF!! And he says (after checking the aforementioned look on my face), "You so pretty. I was just giving you a compliment."

blank stare along w/the sound of crickets

Are you frickin' serious?!!.. Has it come to this?!...
(breathe in. breathe out)

Needles to say, I had neither the time nor the energy to school him on proper pick-up line etiquette. I went on into the store wondering, "What da hell has happened to people's thought pattern and the singles scene." I mean really.

Is this ish really acceptable these days?....
What are your thoughts on this?.....

Post Title "My Big Beautiful Ass?".....Really.