Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Hump-Day Beautifuls!




Well...you know how I mentioned that I wasn't gonna be able to try the Miss Jessie's products cause I would be bunning my hair up until I get a weave on next week. Sike! I fooled ya! Well, at least I fooled myself. It's Wednesday and I have yet to bun anything. Puh-leaze, I had to play around with my new goodies!

Let me recall for you. I purchased the Miss Jessie's travel pak and got the 2nd one free (Miss Jessie's holiday promo). Let the records show that I am eating every ill word I've ever spoken and banishing every negative thought that has crossed my mind about Miss Jessie's products. I don't know if it's because my hair is longer or if it's just that I understand how to apply products to it. Who knows. Who cares. What I do know is that I'm loving this stuff! This love is stemming from the fact that these products are anti-shrinkage. I've tried the Curly Pudding and the Stretch Silkening Creme. I like them both! The only difference that I can tell between the two is that the pudding is heavier and the SSC is lite and seems to dry quicker. And I most definitely used the wonderful buttercreme under both to counter any possible crunchies.

And call me strange but I love that "grapish" scent of the pudding. This guy told me that I smelled good. I thanked him, all the while thinking, "Oh, it's my hur! It's my hur!" The Stretch Silkening Creme also has a nice tropical-like scent. As far as definition, I can't see much of a difference except that I'm hard pressed to find any frizz. Hence again, my bottom line is still that you can achieve the same thing w/cheaper products. Check out biracialhair.org where Teri uses the same shingling type method coined by Miss Jessie's owners. She just uses other products. I've also seen/read on other hair threads about other people using this same styling method w/different products. So it is doable. It simply comes down to personal choice.

I haven't tried the Meringue yet but I'm looking forward to it. And I did cowash w/the Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish and it was absolutely great!

My Conclusion: I do like the Miss Jessie's products however, due to cost I will only be purchasing them during their buy 1, get 1 free promotion.

Post Title Happy Hump-Day Beautifuls!