Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

PJism in Full Effect


Good Morning Beautifuls!

A while ago, I posted about Kinky-Curly products being carried at Whole Foods. I was so excited ( the operative word here is "was"). Needless to say, I've been in 3 of the Whole Foods down here and much to my disappointment it wasn't at either of them. I thought, "What's up w/that?". Anyhoo, I went to the Kinky-Curly site to look up the retail locations and none of the Whole Foods in Georgia are carrying their line of products. I'm not happy about that. So I looked for the customer service contact info. and tried to email them but my attempt failed. The email came back to me unsuccessful. Tried to call the number listed on the site but was redirected to the email contact(which I verified w/the operator). I will try again and will let you all know the outcome.




Either way, I ended up going over to Curlmart.com and got a few things like the Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish., Miss Jessie's Travel Pak (cause you know the 2nd free one is coming) and I almost forgot... Kinky-Curly Knot Today. Seriously. I almost forgot to buy it. Now I believe that my pjism (product junkie-ism) stems from the fact that I'm still enamored w/my hair and getting to know it. It's been a year and 3 months and I still like to play with it. I honestly thought that I'd calm down by now. What's really funny about this purchase is that I'll be getting a weave in a couple of weeks, thanks to my girls InstantVintage and Bohemian Bookworm (Awesome bloggers! You must check them out!) **side note. I'm doing this to combat my HIH (hand in hair) disorder and to hibernate my hair for the Winter. Basically, protective styling.** I know this purchase may seem ridiculous... I'm still trippin' on myself. But you know what?..This gives me something to look forward to at the end of my "weave season". I'll definitely let you all know how the new products work out.





Oh!..I could not exclude this. The other night, my daughter requested a twist-out pontail (w/braids). After braiding the top front section of her hair, I put the rest in a slightly high ponytail. I used Qhemet's Burdock Root Buttercreme as the moisturizer after spritzing her hair w/some distilled water. I then twisted her hair in 1/2 inch sectons w/Devacurl AnGe'll ( a light-weight moisturizing gel) and topped that w/DevaCurl Set It Free ( a moisture lock). Then I rolled about an inch of each end (left untwisted) on some satin-covered sponge rollers and some on rod rollers. OMG!! I wish I had taken a picture the next morning! Her twist-out pony came out beautiful and incredibly soft. No crunchies!
** insert proud momma/pseudo hairstylist smile**

What products are you trying?....

Post Title PJism in Full Effect