Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ADVICE FOR THE DRY & BRITTLE


Hola Beautifuls!

I hope that you had a wonderful and fun-filled labor day weekend! Hate to see it leave so soon but 'tis life. It's back to the grind now, so I'm hopping back into it.

I recently received an email regarding natural hair and dryness. I wanted to share it and my answer with everyone in hopes that all of you naturals will chime in with your wonderful advice for reviving dry, brittle hair. It goes as follows:


From Treena:
Hi, just wanted to drop you a line or two. love you hair journey photo. I just started letting my hair grow, I've wore my hair short for many years now, then I started locs and now I twisted out of those and my hair is brittle and dry I see a little breakage. your hair look so healthy and it grew so nice what products do you use on it?

My answer:
Hi Treena!
Hope your day/week is going well. Thanks for the hair compliment.

You mentioned that your hair is dry & brittle. Have you done any deep treatments/conditioning? I would try doing those on a weekly basis. I usually deep condish w/Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose condish mixed w/Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment. **before I go any further let me advise you that I am a product junkie. I've gotten better but for the most part I still am and do enjoy it. Lol.** Some others that I like and on occasion use are Curl Junkie's Hisbiscus & Banana Deep Fix and Hairveda's StirNillah Deep Conditioning Masque.

You also may want to try incorporating oil rinses and/or overnight oil treatments to your hair. You can do these w/any oil like evoo, grapeseed oil, Vatika oil, Castor oil, a mix of oils or whatever you prefer.

Also, after washing or wetting your hair be sure to put a leave-in condish on while its still damp. I like Mop Leave-In and Oyin's Honey Hemp condish the best. You also may want to try butters. Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Buttercreme is good. I'm also feelin' Curl Junkie's Hisbiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-In.
Unrefined shea butter is also good but I find it works best on my hair when its dry.

I hope this helps. I'll post your question on my blog on next Tuesday to see if anyone else has some good pointers to offer.


Alright people. Please offer your advice/solutions on this matter. I'm sure quite a few of us have had this issue at one time or another so I'm sure there's plenty of helpful information out there for her. Just post it in the comments. ;)

Peace,
CO

Post Title ADVICE FOR THE DRY & BRITTLE