Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ICE CREAM.......OR IS IT?

Okay, I know that the weather is turning (or has turned depending on your location) cooler but sometimes I just want me some. Ice cream, that is. And seeing as I am so into eating as healthy as I possibly can, I found a recipe for something that will definitely satisfy your sweets craving.



Can you guess what this is....
It’s actually frozen bananas, creamed in a food processor (using the S blade). I got this recipe from ChoosingRaw blog (great raw foods blog). She (Gena from ChoosingRaw) calls this dish "Banana Soft Serve". I could not believe that something this simple could be so good. So of course, I had to put this recipe to the test.




Here’s the recipe :
3 frozen organic bananas
Cinnamon (optional)
Chocolate Sauce (optional)


I took 3 frozen bananas and popped them into the food processor. Pulsed them for about 5 minutes, during which I would stop it and scrap the bananas off the sides to make sure everything was creamed.


In the meantime for the chocolate sauce, I used 1 Tablespoon of raw cacao (raw chocolate) to 2 T of Agave nectar and blended until smooth. And just to make things a little funky, I shook a little bit of Cinnamon on top. Ummmmmm…. So delicious.

I was especially happy when my daughter tried it and loved it. So tryin, to get that girl to eat more raw so I took this as a victory and beginning for her. ( I do believe she’s opening up to it more.) She even requests this. Lol.
It really is a simple win-win recipe. If you try it, let me know what you think.


Ice Creamy Smooches,

CO

Post Title ICE CREAM.......OR IS IT?