Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

GULP GULP GULP GULP GULP!!!


Happy Friday, Lovelies!!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful week. Remember the quote? Did you notice the miracles in your life?.... Hope so.

For a while now, I’ve been wanting to do a fast. Like a week-long juice fast. Not only for the physical health benefits but also to help me clear my mind of clutter and partake in an overall refreshing of self. Fasting is nothing new to me. However, fasting with the knowledge that I have now about fresh organic vegetable and fruit juices is very new. So this is what I will be taking into a mini-juice feast (baby steps) that I will do on February 14th. Woo hoo! I’ve been corresponding with HippieMom from The Raw Journal and have decided to pursue this mini-feast with her. Her comraderie is in perfect timing.


Here’s the plan:

The week prior to the 14th, next Monday thru Saturday, we’ll be taking it easy on the solid foods. This will help us to mentally prepare for the feast.
We’ll do 3 days juice til lunch, 3 days juice til dinner.
Then it’s a full day of juicing on the 14th.

Whether the juice feasting continues beyond that day depends on how I fare, at least for me. I would love to do 3 days. But it definitely won’t be any longer than that because my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and truthfully speaking, I’ll be in celebration mode which, I’m sure will include things that are not raw, vegan or raw vegan. Nevertheless, I am planning on picking it back up afterwards. Probably in March. I suppose it will go hand-in-hand with the spring cleaning attitude.

Here are some of the things HippieMom and I discussed incorporating into our feast:
Dry skin brush 2 times a day
Hot /cold showers
herbal teas
Enema kit/colonics (I’m hoping to schedule a colonic. It’s been a few years since I’ve had one and I feel like my body is well overdue. Don’t know what a colonic is? Then read this to-the-point explanation.)
Probiotics
Garden of Life Vitamin Code raw vitamins
hemp oil - 1 to 2 Tablespoons daily
coconut oil - Tablespoon daily
msm - 1/2 Tablespoon daily
bee pollen - 1 to 2 Tablespoons daily
digestive enzymes - 1/2 tsp three times a day on an empty stomach (Not sure if I'll do this or not.)
kelp granules - 1/2 tsp day
barley/wheatgrass powders
teas
broth
shots of either: lemon & cayenne. W grass. or beet.

What tickles me about this is that we are planning this as if we are going the full 92 days. Yes, there are people who have successfully juice feasted for 92 days & more, like Angela Stokes-Monarch. You may or may not have heard about her story on CNN. And there's also Philip McCluskey's story. Am I trying to be among them? Nope. Not at all. Not interested in juice fasting/feasting for that amount of time.

**Here are some books on juicing that I'll be referencing:
“A Juice Feaster’s Handbook”- Angela Stokes-Monarch
The Juice Fasting Bible”- Sandra Cabot
“The Juicing Book” – Stephen Blauer

**Here are some websites that I'll be referencing:
Juice Feasting
Juice Feasting blog
Juicing for Health

Interested in joining us for our day (or longer but no longer than 3 days)? You’re absolutely welcome to. This is just a part of my journey so there are no judgments here. I’m doing what I can.

Cheers!

Post Title GULP GULP GULP GULP GULP!!!