Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TUESDAYS ARE FOR TRESSES


Hi Beautifuls!!!

First off, I have to thank each of every one of you who sent me well wishes via this blog, Facebook and phone calls. I don’t think you can ever imagine how much they greatly impacted my spirit. I honestly was in tears by the end of the night. Thank you soooo much.

OOOXXX,


So, yesterday was wonderful. My only disappointment was that I missed out on the products that I had planned on buying from The Good Hair Mart. This new hair product site opened up for business at noon on yesterday. My plan was to be one of the 1st ten so that I could get the discount and to snag Afroveda’s Hemp Seed Lock, Twist and Roll Butter (which, I believe, is being discontinued) and Donna Marie’s Lock and Twist Pudding. Needless to say, I didn’t quite make it in on time and the only thing on my wish list that I snagged was Darcy’s Botanicals Hair Mask. So yes, I was a bit disappointed that I didn't catch those products in time.

Anyhoo, let me talk about Essential Balms Head to Toe Liquid Balm with jojoba. I actually got it as a free sample when I subscribed to their YouTube page.
Here's the description of their products:
Affordable 100% GENUINELY all-natural hair & skin care. Made with the highest quality vegetable oils, beneficial herbs & all-natural fragrance. Our products do not contain sulphates, parabens, cones, synthetic ingredients, or synthetic fragrance.


According to the website (which is temporarily down), you can also eat the balm. That. Did. Not. Happen. However, I did use it to twist my hair. And I was quite pleased with how my hair felt and turned out. It was very moisturizing but not greasy. And the scent (cause you know I’m a scent woman) is pleasant. It’s kind of sweet, slightly fruity scent that isn’t too strong. Its consistency is very thick. Like thick to the point where you really have to work to squeeze it out of the bottle. I ended using my rat-tail comb to get the last drop out.

Bottom Line: I love this balm. Wouldn’t eat it. But definitely purchasing in the future for my winter regimen.

In an effort to use up the products that I have in my stash, (THIS IS AN INTERRUPTION. I REPEAT. AN INTERRUPTION. YOU DO NOT REMEMBER THE ABOVE SECOND PARAGRAPH. IT IS A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION. I REPEAT. A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.)I decided to try Carol’s Daughter’s Hair Balm.

Now I really like its consistency. It comes out of the bottle with little effort. And it’s fairly runny so the application was "easy breezy".
Here is the website’s description and ingredients of the product:

Experience frizz-free hair with one of Jada Pinkett-Smith’s favorites! Hair Balm’s nutrient –rich Soy Oil and Sweet Almond Oil combination produce perfect shine, moisture and manageability without build-up. The rich blend of protein, and nourishing B vitamins and minerals are specially formulated to prevent breakage and promote healthy hair growth.

Ingredients: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beeswax, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Butyrospermum Parkil (Shea Butter) Fruit, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Annatto seed.


Everything sounds nice. Although I’m not a big fan of the Beeswax, I do like the other ingredients in it. The scent reminds me of ole skool hair grease. I used this to twist my hair a couple of times. Yes, the application process was great. It goes on pretty easy however, it wasn’t as moisturizing to my hair as I thought it should be. My hair honestly felt slightly dry yet a little greasy when I used this. Not sure why but it just did. Either way, I can’t see myself repurchasing this one. And after two tries, I doubt that I’ll use it again.

Now let me see where I can find me some Afroveda Hemp Seed Lock, Twist and Roll Butter. ;)

Peace.

Post Title TUESDAYS ARE FOR TRESSES