Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A TREAT FOR YOUR "SWEET"

Hi Sweeties!

So to keep with the Valentine’s Day theme, I wanted to give you a couple of healthier suggestions for V-day treats to prepare for you and your sweetie. Whether your "sweet" is your hubby, wifey, life partner, partner, boo or yourself they (and you) are bound to love one of these healthy treats.

You know how strawberries with chocolate are common fair for this day (or any other romantic time)? Well, you can opt for a healthier version by using organic strawberries (and/or bananas) and raw chocolate sauce.

Making raw chocolate sauce is pretty easy. Use 1 T. of raw cacao to 2 T. of agave nectar. Put it in a blender and blend til smooth. It’s soooooo good. And the fact that it’s healthier for you than processed chocolate makes it even “gooder”. ;)



The pic above is not the pic that I wanted to post. My camera's acting funky (and I don't mean in a good way either) so what you see here is to give you an idea of the type of plates that you can present your dish on. I took pics of some heart-shaped plates that I purchased years ago. A small white one, that I purchased from Target. And a smaller deep-dish red one that you can put a sauce, mousse or cake in. Now that I think about it, it's actually a small ramekin. Uh, don’t quite remember where I got it from but if I take a guess at it my hunch would be Crate and Barrel. I’m sure you could find something like them in Walmart, Target or maybe even the dollar store. I posted the pic of them because they’re great for presentation. Just to give you some ideas.


Now onto the other recipe:
I found the other V-day recipe while on twitter thru a VegaTeam tweet. If they sounds familiar to you, it is probably because you've seen their products in Whole Foods, health food stores and/or in the natural section of some grocers. Sequel Naturals is the company who makes the wonderful Vega products. They also make MacaSure and ChlorEssence products. Anyhoo, you can click here to see this wonderful recipe and get another idea for your V-day celebratory tastings.

P.S. You don’t have to mention that they’re raw or living foods. Matter of fact, don’t even say it’s a healthy alternative. Just serve up with a smile and happy heart.

If you have any Valentine's Day inspired healthy recipes, please share. I'll be juice fasting that day, but I'm sure there are others who would love to get some recipe ideas.

Hearts,

Post Title A TREAT FOR YOUR "SWEET"