Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

IN HONOR OF LOVE



Hi Gorgeous!

As you may all be aware, Valentine's Day is fast approaching. And seeing as I am a bit of a romantic, this week will be sprinkled with a few posts directly and indirectly relating to love, love-inspired and love related topics.

As a matter of fact, I'll start this week off with a love poem by Rumi.

The Meaning of Love

Both light and shadow
are the dance of Love.
Love has no cause;
it is the astrolabe of God’s secrets.
Lover and Loving are inseparable
and timeless.

Although I may try to describe Love
when I experience it I am speechless.
Although I may try to write about Love
I am rendered helpless;
my pen breaks and the paper slips away
at the ineffable place
where Lover, Loving and Loved are one.

Every moment is made glorious
by the light of Love.


Who is Rumi?...
Rumi, more formally called Malwana Jala ad-Din Muhammad Rumi, is one of the most influential Persian poets of the 13th century. His work is celebrated not only by the Sufism it inspires but also by most in the Muslim world. His poetry also transcends his Persian roots and is recognized as both spiritual and beautiful writing by many people of many different religions throughout the rest of the world.
**information from Wisegeek.com

**flower above is of White Orchids which represents rare and delicate beauty**

Post Title IN HONOR OF LOVE