Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Essential Balms Organic African Black Soap



Hi Beautiful Ones!

After a few months of using, I've decided to share on my experience with Essential Balms Aromatherapy Head to Toe Organic African Black Soap. Whew! That's a  looooonnnng name.  Lol. The description on the back of the bottle states, "organic african black soap liquid shampooing balm." So for the sake of keeping this post a short length, I'll refer to it as Essential Balms African Black Soap.




Some months ago, I won the full line of Natural Oasis & Essential Balms hair and body products. I, along with my family, are enjoying using their items. Today, I want to talk about the Essential Balms Black soap. Now I've heard alot of positive talk about African black soap on hairboards, blogs & sites. I've even had my mother tell me about it but I'd never tried it for myself. I can't exactly tell you why I'd been hesitant. Maybe it was the idea of something that looked like mud (the stuff you're usually trying to clean off of you) cleaning me. Idk.

Anyhoo, since I won it, I decided to give it a try. I was initially using it to wash my hair whenever I needed a shampoo. I actually love it. My hair feels very clean. Never stripped. After awhile, I decided to take it up on its offer of being a "head to toe" soap and started using it in the shower as a body wash. Winning!




Here are some known *benefits of using black soap:

Cleansing
As with any soap, the primary benefit of using black soap is cleansing. Black soap is a multi-purpose cleanser which can be used by children as well as adults. Black soap can also be used to remove makeup. Charcoal in soap may help absorb bacteria and body odors, providing more thorough cleansing.

Acne
Black soap can help reduce acne outbreaks by reducing oiliness and killing bacteria which cause acne. Charcoal is known for its absorbent properties. Some proponents say using black soap reduces the appearance of acne scars.

Soothing
Users of black soap report that it leaves their skin soothed, reducing irritation from rashes and skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. The ashes used in black soap have been used as a traditional folk treatment for skin irritation. Some black soap formulas contain honey, also known for its healing properties. Black soap can be used by people with sensitive skin.

Exfoliation
The ash in African black soap provides gentle exfoliation. This gentle exfoliation may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and discolorations and reduce razor bumps, according to Kristin Underwood of TreeHugger.



Ingredients (per back of the bottle)
Distilled water, shea butter, virgin palm kernel oil, plantain leaf ashes, essential oils, herbal extracts & all natural fragrance.

Right now, I laugh about it taking me so long to get hip to using this stuff. Its natural. Its organic. And it gets the job done. I definitely plan on purchasing this item in the future.


*Benefit Information from http://www.livestrong.com/  








Post Title Essential Balms Organic African Black Soap