Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

MY ATTEMPT AT A GREEN LEAF WRAP


Hi Gorgeous Ones!

I hope that this week is well with you. Just had to share how I'm venturing out, trying more vegan & raw-vegan recipes. My last attempt was a recipe that I saw on ChoosingRaw.com whee Gena made Banana Breakfast Sushi.  It looked pretty simple and good so I decided to give try my hand at it.

I had all the ingredients on hand.

1 banana

1 large Swiss chard, collard, kale, or romaine lettuce leaf

1 tbsp almond butter

1 tsp agave nectar



Here's what you do next.

1) Cut the thickest part of the stem of your leaf wrapper out with a “V” shaped cut, like so:


2) Spread the tablespoon of almond butter into the crease of the leaf:

3) Drizzle it with about a teaspoon of agave—this is optional, but I liked it:

4) Cut your banana in half, and layer it so that it’s straight in the center of the leaf:

5) Fold up all of the edges bottom edges, and then and wrap it up neatly from right to left:

6) Slice into 3-5 pieces (depending on the length) and enjoy!


Everything went well, I think,  until I got to step no.5.
 Lol.
 
I think I need to work on my "rolling" technique. Haha!
 
 
Oh well.... Least it tasted good. =)
 
Please share any suggestions that you may have on successfully doing his.
Lol.

Post Title MY ATTEMPT AT A GREEN LEAF WRAP