Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

MY WONDERFUL DC MIX

The stars of my current heavenly deep conditioning mix.



Hola Beautiful Ones!


Had to share my wonderful...heavenly, deep conditioning mix. I mix equal parts of Aubrey Organics GPB (glycogen protein balancing) conditioner & Komaza Care Intense Moisture Therapy. Maybe a Tablespoon of each. I really eyeball it. Then I add, about 1 to 1.5 teaspoon of honey to the mix. Maybe more. Again, I totally eyeball it. And yes, it is protein rich, given the fact that both GPB and Komaza's IMT both contain protein. But with the honey comes added moisture and my hair is so lo-ving it.

Anyhoo, I slather it on my hair, while mainly concentrating on the ends. Throw on a plastic conditioning cap and then slip my heat cap on. I usually leave it on my head for at least 15 minutes. If a show is on, then it stays on until I'm done watching it. Then I do a cold rinse. And when I say “cold rinse”, I mean a bring-your-portable-heater-in-the-bathroom cold rinse. Seriously. I get the water as cold as I can stand it. I believe in making sure my cuticles lay down.

And, of course, when rinsing my hair of the conditioner, I’m smoothing my hair from root to end. After I’ve made sure that I’ve rinsed all the conditioner out, I quickly turn the cold-ass water off (lol) and hop out the shower. By this time, my hair is feeling great. I then put my fav leave-in on, Mop leave-In Conditioner. I love this stuff! It is so good to my hair. And viola! My hair is in heaven and feelin’ pretty awesome. Yay!


Do you have any mixes that work for your hair? Do share.

Post Title MY WONDERFUL DC MIX