Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Alternatives To "The Rag"




Good Morning Beautifuls!

Yesterday a close friend of mine sent me an email regarding the use of popular pads and tampons. I had read this information before so her email reminded me about my plan to purchase/use cotton pads and tampons. I have even considered the diva cup.

My decision stems from information that I've found regarding the bleaching methods used to process commercial pads and tampons. The chemicals used during the bleaching process are believed to contain carcinogenic dioxins that can be absorbed into the body. You can find this information on the web. These chlorinated pollutants are a cause of numerous health problems including cancer, reproductive problems, endometriosis & immune system suppression.

There are alternatives like the diva cup which is latex-free, plastic-free, and hypoallergenic. There are also companies like Pandora Pads and Natracare that offer 100% cotton pads and tampons.

My purpose in sharing this information with you is not to scare you but to inform you and motivate you to do research on these products and other popular products that you consistently use in your life. Like the biblical scripture says,"..my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge..", I observe that this holds true in our society.

Post Title Alternatives To "The Rag"