Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Smooth Hold

This morning I tried something a little different as far as styling my hair. Because we are in a slight coldsnap, I'm wearing my hair in a pony-puff. I had been topping my moisturizer off w/Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling gel (which is alcohol free and contains aloe). I remembered reading a thread on Naturallycurly.com about using a deep conditioner instead of hair gel. I immediately thought, "Oh, I could never do that!" but wanted to give it a try anyhow.

This a.m. I decided to try my Qhemet Biologics Alma & Olive Heavy Cream mixed w/some Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm. It worked! My hair is just as laid down as it would be w/the gel. Maybe even better. I plan on purchasing a good deep conditioner since I haven't done that in awhile. (shame on me). I'm currently looking at Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment as a DT.

Have you tried this method? If so, with what products?...

Post Title Smooth Hold