Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Umm...Yummy!!


Good Morning Beautifuls!

This weekend I began incorporating greens into my smoothies. I'm actually trying to use up this Super Greens (organic vegan) supplement I purchased some months ago. I had stopped taking them because I would feel nauseous from the rapid detoxification. After speaking with Chef Jenya, I decided to take her up on her suggestion and slowly incorporate the greens into my diet. She, along w/a book I'm reading "12 Steps to Raw Foods" by Victoria Boutenko recommends transitioning into raw foods or simply incorporating more raw greens into your diet with smoothies (blending). The reason being that blending is similar to chewing. After being broken down in a high-speed blender, pieces of food become the perfect size for assimilation. Green smoothies are the best food to aid in a rapid restoration of the body's nutrient reserves per Victoria Boutenko. For this reason, I am incorporating blended smoothies into my diet.

My recipe is pretty simple:
1 frozen banana
5 oz of frozen strawberries
1 tsp of 100% organic Living Foods Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
organic Agave Nectar to taste
3 to 5 capsules of Super Greens supplement
distilled water to thin as desired

**You can use whatever fruits you like.

The smoothies have been great! My poor blender is handling them, however I do plan on buying a high-powered personal blender this week. The only thing I didn't anticipate is my 12 yr old enjoying them. (I wonder if she'll continue to be interested as I continue to increase the greens in them.) Not to say that I will stop making regular fruit smoothies because I won't. I'm just sayin'. Either way, my goal is to purchase a Vita-mix blender in a couple of months. They are costly but highly recommended by many raw foodists, vegans, vegetarians, and cooked foods chefs.
I'll also be purchasing a good wood cutting board and food processor.

Well, that's it so far. What are your plans to increase your fruits and vegetables in your diet?.......

Post Title Umm...Yummy!!