Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FOR THOSE IN TRANSITION

Hi Gorgeous!

Wow! Let me go ahead and tell you I do have summer-fever. This condition is similar to spring fever so posting will probably get a little thin here and there during these months. Momma’s gotta get out, participate in and enjoy this summertime in hotlanta!

Funny thing…. I had intended to post about this a few weeks ago. In particular, a friend of mine was struggling w/handling her two textures. You see, she was going "au natural" but wasn’t ready to do a BC (Big Chop). So she had like a million questions for me about the process. But here’s the thing. I didn’t feel that I could speak on it much because as you can see….



I bc’d or did a “big chop” meaning cutting all the relaxer or chemicals off of your hair . Usually leaving a wonderful small fro behind or an extensively shorter amount of hair behind.

Needless to say, my friend got frustrated with the two opposing textures and went ahead w/the BC. Go Nita the Diva!!!

Anyhoo, for those who are still in the process here are some great links to get some very helpful information on transitioning. If anyone else knows of any others or has great info on it please leave it in the comment. ChocolateOrchid is all about us helping each other out.

ARTICLES/POSTS ON TRANSITIONING

Curlynikki post
KinkyRhonnie's post
TreasuredLocks article
My Natural Hair Care Guide article
Tytecurl post
KinkyCurlyCool Chick's post

Just a few articles/posts on transitioning to get you on a good path. There is so much information on the web. I encourage anyone curious or needing help to simply reach out. Believe me there are plenty of diva’s who’ve been through the process or are still in it and would be more than happy to help, share their experience or give much needed encouragement.

Peace and blessings, Beautifuls!
CO

Post Title FOR THOSE IN TRANSITION