Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

PATIENTS GET A PROM NIGHT



Happy Monday, Beautiful!

Patient Yugeli Castellanos poses outside in a limousine during the " Night Under the Stars" prom at the New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital on June 6, 2009 in New York City. As the prom season kicked off across America, approximately forty teenagers suffering from chronic and life-threatening illnesses, walked the red carpet as part of their own prom night held at the hospital. The event was organized by a group of fifteen patients in an effort to make the hospital a better place. Professional hairstylists, make-up artists, manicurists and a limousine were on hand to give the patients a memorable night.

I found this article on gnn.com. I thought how wonderful it is to be pampered and to get a makeover. And then to get all dressed up and go out for a night on the town. I'm not sick and I know how great that would make me feel. It really does feel good deep down. I'm sure many of the patients spirits were lifted. There's something about feeling good mentally/emotionally that, I feel, does something good for you physically. Makes me wonder how much this affected their physical illness.

Post Title PATIENTS GET A PROM NIGHT