Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

AFTER 1 1/2 YEARS, I FINALLY.....


Hola Beautiful Ones!

This is late but I'm here. MommaOrchid is doing well recuperating from her surgery. We'll be staying w/her overnight just to baby her and make sure she stays fine.

Well....on Monday, after 1 1/2 years, I finally got my hair straightened and trimmed. I was amazed at how much my hair has grown since I first did my BC (big chop) more than 2 years ago. The stylist actually trimmed 2 inches off of my ends. Yes, they were in bad shape. I won't promise to get my hair trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks. Yes, I'm stubborn like that. But I will go back in about 6 months.

**By the way, I went to Too Groovy Salon & Spa in midtown Atlanta. Great service! Great w/natural hair! Courtney was my stylist.**

Unlike the first time I had my hair straightened, I am not in a tizzy to wash it out. Just enjoying the change. Unfortunately, on the day of my appointment, it rained...all day. Yes, so you can only imagine how my tight curls dropped throughout the day. On top of which, I went to the Maxwell concert (Ooh Weee! Give me a moment here........*sighs*), so by mid-concert my hair was slightly "Chaka Khan-ish". It was rather cute.

**This photo is actually before the concert so it's not in its full Chaka Khan glory**

To possibly get rid of the frizziness and restore sleekness to my ends I added some of my Shealoe concoction. My current shealoe concoction is unrefined shea butter, aloe vera gel, some extra virgin coconut oil, few dashes of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, few dashes of Vitamin E oil and the essential oils of Lavender and Lemongrass.

Then I pincurled my hair and its been like this all day. It's been raining the past couple of days. Don't worry. I wrapped it up and put a cute hat on top of it. I'll take it down tomorrow and see what happens. I'm wanting to wear it straight for about two weeks during which I'll try braid-outs, twist-outs, buns and such. Once the two weeks are up, I'm doing an ayurvedic hair paste. So excited about it! I've been itchin' to try this for awhile. I'm fully prepared w/Amla, Brahmi, Shikakai, Bhringraj(Maka) and Neem powders. I'll save that for another post.

Once I take the pincurls down (Wednesday), I'll definitely takes pics of my hair. I believe tomorrow will be rain-free. I'm curious to see what type of effect the shealoe will have (if any) on the frizz factor. And yes, I will post an update on next Tuesday.

If and when you've straightened your hair, what did you use to battle the frizzies?....

Post Title AFTER 1 1/2 YEARS, I FINALLY.....