Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

HEAVENS TO MURGATROID!!! MY PEE IS PINK!!



Hi Beautifuls!

A couple of weeks ago, I tried a delicious and naturally sweet juice Here’s the recipe:
2 medium carrots, trimmed
4 oranges, peeled
3 medium beets, trimmed


It was wonderful! And I knew it was super healthy for my body. What I didn’t know or expect was that it would turn my pee pink...ish. You can only imagine my thoughts when I first saw this. Especially, since I’m normally a “clear”…... pee'er. Anyhoo, after I calmed down and dismissed any and all wild thoughts about UTI’s or internal bleeding, I knew it had to do something with the beets. So I hit up the internet and sure enough it was there in abundance.


Beets can turn your pee pink! This does not occur in everyone. I REPEAT: THIS DOES NOT OCCUR IN EVERYONE. It happens in about 1 to 8 people. This occurrence has been coined as “Beeturia” and can indicate an iron defiency. This is not surprising to me because I was told years ago that my iron level is low. As a matter of fact, when I was pregnant w/my daughter that was the first thing the doc recommended me to begin taking. You can read more about “Beeturia” here.

So you know what this means... I’ll be incorporating more green smoothies and juices in my diet and including bee pollen and b12. Definitely making a high raw/living foods intake my lifestyle.

Just so you know.
Smooches,
CO

Post Title HEAVENS TO MURGATROID!!! MY PEE IS PINK!!