Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

AYURVEDIC POWDER BLUNDER


Hi Gorgeous!

Just wanted to share with you that I finally did my ayurvedic treatment. I used Brahmi, Amla, and Bhrinraj(Maka) powders.

Brief rundown on these particular powders:
Amla - promotes hair growth, controls hair fall, cures scalp infection, controls premature graying
Brahmi - promotes growth, anti-dandruff, strengthens roots, can make hair dark & dense
Bringraj(Maka) - aids in hair growth, prevention of balding, helps w/sun damaged and color treated hair



First off, let me say that this was not my first time using ayurvedic powder. I've done an amla treatment a long time ago. I was not please w/it because it seemed to dry my hair but I think that happened because I didn't put any oil into my mix. When I did that treatment I used a only a few spoonfuls.

Why on earth I decided to use the entire boxes of these powder I don't know.

My intent was to make a paste. As you can see, it's not a paste. Looks more like a henna treatment. Needless to say, I have leftovers in my freezer. I'm hoping that this mix will still be good for use once I thaw it out.


Aside from that, I was pleased w/my hair. I did about 3 good co-washes with V05 Moisture Milks condish. Then deep conditioned w/Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose condish + Jessicurl's WDT. It really felt good after the treatment. I felt the definition was the same but maybe I was moreso focused on how my hair felt that I didn't really assess this.

Anyhoo, I'm definitely sticking to smaller amounts next time.

Post Title AYURVEDIC POWDER BLUNDER