Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BREATHE, RELAX AND GO WITH THE FLOW


STRESS
Physiology. a specific response by the body to a stimulus, as fear or pain, that disturbs or interferes with the normal physiological equilibrium of an organism.
8. physical, mental, or emotional strain or tension: Worry over his job and his wife's health put him under a great stress.
9. a situation, occurrence, or factor causing this: The stress of being trapped in the elevator gave him a pounding headache.



This is what I was feeling last week. I’m a creature of habit and love comfort in organization, or at least what I deem as organization. The only thing is life does not always go according to plan, or at least the plan you may have for it. Even in already knowing these things I sometimes have to remind myself to take time to breath, relax and go with the flow. What can I say?... I’m a work in progress.

What really tipped me off that I was feeling a bit anxious was my breathing. I noticed that I wasn’t breathing fully. So I made up in my mind to remedy that w/a yoga class. It had been so long since I’d been to one. You can read my past posts on yoga here and here.

I had to make the choice to commit myself (recommit) to something that would benefit me and my well-being and, in the mean time, not beat myself up for slacking.

Post Title BREATHE, RELAX AND GO WITH THE FLOW