Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ooh..That Belt's Getting Tighter!


Hi Beautifuls!

I hope that all is well in your world. In a previous post, I talked/asked about ways to bring in extra income. Since then, I've made some adjustments in my household to cut down on expenses.

I've chosen to nix my land line(got that from InstantVintage and Ms.M) and cable (got that from Gem over at BohemiamBookworm). Now, I have to admit that the land line was an easy decision to make. Both me and my daughter have cell phones so it truly is no big deal. But my decision to lay the cable to rest has really been tough. More so on myself than my kid. Right now, I'm mourning not being able to watch some cable shows that I normally did. They had become staples in my life. For instance, Fridays while hennaing my hair I loved to watch TLC's "What Not To Wear" followed by Scifi's "Battlestar Gallactica". ...May they rest in peace... Saturday's I would (if home) catch HGTV's "Find Your Style" and "Divine Design". Then later on maybe catching some anime' on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim....shedding a tear.. And finally, Sunday night with Style Network's "Kimora Lee's Life in the Fab Lane"...sigh...

Now please hear me when I say that I am looking at the positive side of this and noting that this will result in me not being so hooked to the tube. And force me to be more "in the moment" of real life. I do understand and see that. I'm just honestly saying that I will miss some shows. But I digress..this is all for the better.

As far as food, (and this one I got from Chef Jenya), I'm more focused on buying in-season organic foods. Yes, organic can be more expensive than conventional foods. However, purchasing in-season items is not as high. And even more important, it's worth the cost because you're investing in your well-being and peace of mind.

Now as far as my pjism for hair products is concerned.. well,that ain't changed. (Curljunkie is so calling my name right now.) The only thing is that I'm picking and choosing when I purchase. Hey, you gotta give a girl sumthin!! :)

Do share...what have you done or what are your suggestions? And how are you handling these changes? What are the positives that you have seen in your changes?...

Post Title Ooh..That Belt's Getting Tighter!