Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

MY 3 DAYS OF HIGH-RAW


Hola Chicas y Chicos!

On last week, I decided to eat a simple high-raw diet for as long as I felt to do it. No pressure. No definitive outline. Just a "go with the flow" kind of thing. Well, I shouldn't say "randomly decided". It was more like I was feeling crappy because I had been eating alot more processed heavy foods than normal. (I have pretty much gotten that intake down to almost non-existent.) And drinking more coffee than norm (Yes, I still drink coffee from time to time.) and a few more drinks. Which all combined to make me feel pretty yuckky.

So I chose to listen to my body and eat light, simple, organic raw vegan food. About 95 to 98% of my daily intake was raw vegan. I didn't go out and buy a bunch of stuff, I just ate from what I had. My daily intake consisted of smoothies, fruit, salads, veggies and one meal of granola based cereal. I must say, I felt great! I had no cravings. No thoughts on what I couldn't eat but rather on foods that would be good to my body that I had a taste for. It really was a freeing feeling of sorts. Focusing on feeding my body the right fuel so that it could function properly really works!

You may think that it was just a fluke but it wasn't. Over the weekend, I ate heavy and definitely felt the difference. So I've decided to go back to high raw eating. Again, without any detailed menus or time frame specifics. But just go with the flow and tune into my body and what it may crave or want.

Oh, almost forgot to mention that during my 3 days I continued to work out with no problems. If anything, I was more focused. The one thing that I plan on doing is adding more fat (nuts, avocado). Near the end of my three day run I did feel a gravitation towards some type of fat.

What are you doing good for your body, yourself?......

Post Title MY 3 DAYS OF HIGH-RAW