Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

TWIST-OUT (THE CALLA LILY REMIX)


Hola Beautiful Ones!

I'm so excited about this post! Calla Lily from BreaKink New Ground wanted to share her method that she uses to preserve her twist-out styles. Her easy-to-do method caught my attention. Also, that fly frohawk. ;)
So check her out.

The first photo is of her setting her twists which she does by the flat-twist method. I think I may revisit this way.



The Calla Lily Nighttime Routine:

I wanted to share my night time routine with all of your readers. I am so excited about a discovery I made in preserving my twistouts for more than a day! Since going natural, wearing twistouts have been my usual style but I would have to retwist my hair nightly (10 flat twist going straight back). I can get 3 or 4 days on my twistouts with this routine. Here’s what I do:


I gently rub a dime size amount of moisturizer throughout my hair (used SheaMoisture this time). I use large bobby pins to loosely pin up the sides of my hair (like a frohawk). Then, I put on my bonnet cap.




In the morning I take off the bonnet cap and remove the bobby pins. Then, I lightly spritz my hair (used Jane Carter Leave-In Conditioner this time) and fluff with my fingers.




Currently, my hair is 6 inches long. For someone (with shorter or longer hair) who may not find success with this, I would suggest doing a few flat twist on the left and right sides and leave the middle loose. This has seriously cut my hair maintenance down. Hope your readers will find this helpful!


Take care,


CallaLily (my blog is at http://breakinknewground.blogspot.com)


I'm so diggin' the frohawk. Her blog brings great information including recipes for your hair, so definitely check her out.

Post Title TWIST-OUT (THE CALLA LILY REMIX)