Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

A SILVER LINING IS OUT THERE


Good Morning to all of you beautiful people!

You are absolutely gorgeous and you should know that!!
I hope that you are taking this day positively and drinking in all of it's goodness. =) What do you plan on making this Monday be? What do you plan on bringing to this day?.... I hope it's all wonderful things just like you. (smile)

Found some good news that really touched me. I'm sure that most , if not all, of us have heard about the Madoff scandal. I cannot imagine trusting so much of my money to someone only to have them stiff me of it with no sight of recovery.

Well, seems like one of the victims has dug into his own pocket to help his employees out. Check out the story below.

A Massachusetts philanthropist who lost most of his personal fortune in the Bernard Madoff scandal has paid $5 million out of his own pocket to restore the retirement savings of employees who lost money in the multibillion-dollar scam.

Ronald I. Lappin on Wednesday made up for the lost savings of the 60 employees of his company, Shetland Properties Inc., and of his charity, the Robert I. Lappin Charitable Foundation, whose retirement plans were managed by Madoff.

The foundation, which sends Jewish youths to Israel, closed briefly when it lost $8 million in Madoff's pyramid scheme.

Lappin tells The Boston Globe he just wanted to do the right thing.

Lappin says his net worth is less than $10 million, a tenth of what it was before the scandal.

**story found on www.msnbc.com**

Have a great day, Beautifuls!!
And remember to "do you" and make this day your best day!
Much Luv,
CO

Post Title A SILVER LINING IS OUT THERE